Buff State graduate receives Train Grill order from freshman year

Photos by Claire Borczuch/ The Record

Tech Cafe has replaced Choc-o-Latte in the tech building and Zatar replaced an ice cream vendor in the food court.

Conner Wilson, News Writer

Mike Jagger ordered a cheeseburger combo from Train Grill during his first week on campus and just received it, almost a year after he graduated.

“I want this to this to provide hope for all those who are out there waiting for their Train Grill order,” Jagger said, “Anything is possible.”

Jagger was 18 years old when he walked into the union with a meal plan for lunch the first time. It was September of 2013.

“I remember walking in, seeing all the options and just thinking ‘I like burgers, I’ll go here,” Jagger said.

He ordered a cheeseburger with fries and a cup, and began to wait. After waiting for an hour next to the register, Jagger asked about his order.

“They told me that they’d call my name when it’s ready,” Jagger said, “So I just went about my life.”

Jagger went about his college career, studying music production. Every time he was in the union, he stopped by Train Grill to check on his order. It was never finished.

“I lost hope soon after that day, but they kept telling me they were working on it,” Jagger said.

“You going to order something or not?” said the Train Grill cashier when asked to give comment on the story. He also refused to disclose his name.

Jagger was working in New York City when he heard a faint shout.

“Buff State was a distant memory for me, I was in the working world,” Jagger said, “I was at work when I heard a faint shouting voice saying ‘order for Mike,’ so I searched for where it was coming from. Next thing you know, I’m on a plane back to Buffalo.”

Jagger sat there in the Campbell Student Union on March 23, 2018, over four years after he ordered it.

“It was okay,” Jagger said.

Jagger clarified that there is no relation between him and Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.

The news isn’t fake…but today it is. This story is a part of our annual April Fool’s coverage, The Wreckard. It’s not true. It’s not factual. It’s all in good fun.

Happy April Fool’s Day!

[email protected]