Head over heels: the new sports team to look out for
View All
Staff Spotlight
Emmanuel Rodriguez
Emmanuel Rodriguez
Sports Editor
Survey

What's the worst way to end a semester?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Graduating USG officials reflect on their incumbency

Nathan Palmer
Administrative Vice President of Public Relations Jadon Eason and USG secretary Dominique Parke roll out a new poster of candidates running for United Student Government.

The student body has spoken! The United Student Government held their annual elections on March 18 – 21 in the Campbell Student Union. The results for the 2024-25 school year are as follows:

• USG President- Troy Millin
  • USG Vice President – Jalen Tolentino
  • USG Treasurer- Mitchell Cox
  • USG Vice President of Public Relations- Ali Diakite
  • USG Vice President of Organized Relations- Yasmine Arabaty
  • USG Vice President of Campus Programming- Kayshawn Starling-Johnson

USG Senate:
Troy Millin, Taylor Wolf, Jeremy Read, Jayden Tolentino, Michelle Cox, Omar Pizarro Jr, Ali Diakite, Gabriel Cooper, Yasmine Arabaty, Orion Cain, Elizabeth Nezelek, Brian Bussard, Thomas Martin, Fin Pirrone, Diamond Martin, Kayshawn Starling-Johnson

Several current USG officials will be graduating this month. Among those officials serving their final terms are USG President Tayllor Clark and Administrative Vice President of Public Relations Jadon Eason.

“I’m proud that I have been able to represent people and do things that matter,” said Clark.

Clark transferred to Buffalo State from Niagara County Community College in 2020. Her experience serving in student government at NCCC, coupled with her passion to be involved and connecting with others, made her a natural to sign up as a candidate.

Under the current President’s leadership, she feels a sense of pride with the growth of the senate post pandemic, as close to 20 of the 40 seats available were filled.

“A lot of late nights but very fulfilling,” said Clark, who will be graduating with a degree in early childhood education.

Jadon Eason, who is the current Vice President of Public Relations, also shares in the legacy of leadership under this administration of the USG, serving since 2021. The Role of VP of PR is responsible for leading marketing strategies to promote events and spreading important information relevant to the student body.

“The USG is an organization made by the students to help the students. We have and always will have the best interest of students at heart, and I hope our actions and the things we’ve done throughout the years uphold that high standard and lofty goal,” said Eason.

The lofty goal from Eason’s perspective is to increase student participation in the USG and fill all 40 seats of the senate moving forward. In an effort to create voter awareness of the candidates and vacancies on the senate, Eason has been busy promoting the elections on Bengal Connect and through social media. A committee of various USG officials has implemented the duty of engaging the student body by hanging flyers all over campus.

Eason is confident that the level of standard set by the USG the past three years will result in the continued growth of the senate and overall student participation. Jadon will graduate this month with a degree in Writing.

As USG officials like Clark and Eason bid farewell this spring, the newly elected student government body will assume their duties in June.