Emmanuel Rodriguez
Emmanuel Rodriguez
Sports Editor

Dr. Chance Glenn will not be the next president of Buffalo State University

Breaking+news
Angela Caico
Breaking news

In a shocking turn of events, the Buffalo state campus was notified via email yesterday that Dr. Chance Glenn will not be our next president.

This announcement comes just a few short weeks after questions were raised about the ethics surrounding the funding of his scientific research.

Glenn, provost at the University of Houston-Victoria, was accused of falsifying information on a grant application. The money was requested to fund his scientific endeavors, allegedly including the exploration of time travel.

He was supposed to start his contract at Buffalo State on July 1. In spite of the recent controversy, Interim President Dr. Bonita Durand seemed to have faith in Glenn. At the March 19 President’s Student Forum she talked about his talents, accomplishments, and hobbies such as being a Grammy-nominated composer and an avid Star Trek fan.

“His background is very similar to our students,” she said.

She also said that, at 75 years old, she is happy to be going back into retirement.

The email confirms that she will be president for the period 2025-2026.

We will bring you more updates as this story develops. Tune in to episode two of our podcast, Just for The Record, where The Record staff will discuss what went down.