Head over heels: the new sports team to look out for
View All
Staff Spotlight
Emmanuel Rodriguez
Emmanuel Rodriguez
Sports Editor
Survey

What's the worst way to end a semester?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Five must-see upcoming shows in Buffalo

Daniel DeLucenay
Austin Reese of Little Liar

Going to a concert can be one of the most life-changing experiences! Lately the trouble is that ticket prices are fairly expensive, especially for bigger shows like the upcoming J Cole and Drake concert. Trying to find the best seats for the best experience is going to cost you extra money.

That’s why local music and affordable shows matter more now than ever. Luckily, there’s no shortage of that here in Buffalo!

Whether you need a break from life, a place to hang out with friends, or you just want to get out of the house, each of these five shows are ready to deliver.

1. Canetis, Elemantra, and akloh at Rec Room.

Canetis band by @msldz

Canetis is a catchy alternative five-piece band that will definitely get you in your feelings. With strong support from Elemantra and akloh, be sure to check them out at Rec Room Feb. 17 at 6 p.m. Tickets are just $15.

2. MYQ Farrow’s Open Mic at the Gypsy Parlor

MYQ Farrow at 91.3 FM WBNY by Brayden Hayes

MYQ Farrow is an amazing singer/songwriter that has performed here at Buffalo State’s 91.3 FM WBNY. If you’re interested in seeing great performances from local artists or you want to bring your own energy to the stage, this is the show for you. Check out the Open Mic at the Gypsy Parlor on Feb. 21 from 8-11pm.

3. WBNY’s Trails & Tales (The Patrick Jaouen Band, Little Liar, Tsavo Highway, Clayton Duffy) at Iron Works.

91.3 FM WBNY Trails and Tales at Ironworks by Armando Giangreco-Marotta

Speaking of WBNY, they are hosting with Ironworks a Folk and Acoustic show. All of the artists played on WBNY, with this being Little Liar’s first acoustic set. Tickets are $7 presale or $10 at the door. Now use your tails to follow the trails at Buffalo Iron Works on Feb. 23 at 7 p.m.

4. Abandoned Trains, The Clockers, & Broken at Mr. Goodbar.

Abandoned Trains band by @1120Press

If you are looking for some classic hardcore punk, Abandoned Trains is right up your alley – tackling the issues that still matter in 2024. Tickets are $7 presale or $10 at the door. Get ready to mosh at Mr. Goodbar on Feb. 24 at 8 p.m.

5. He. She. They. with Syreeta and UNIIQU3 at Electric City.

Queer Futures by Tim Courtney

He. She. They. is an international LGBTQ+ dance club that is coming to slay at Buffalo’s new hot venue, Electric City, on Feb. 24 at 7 p.m. Tickets for General Admission are $15, and tables are $75.

The local spirit energy is ever present.