Joel Hopkins
Opinion Editor

Buffalo Fashion Week is back – and here to stay

IG: @suage_
Esterhlin Barrientos, Skye Mckelvie, Khalil Carr, Ayah Nedrick, Kimori Jamison, Javontae Heavan, and Jacob Mairena.

No matter what your interests are, Buffalo has something for you! If you’re interested in fashion, then check out Buffalo Fashion Week.

Buffalo Fashion Week started back in 2013 and was revived this fall. The initiative has been led by Executive Producer and one of Buffalo’s youngest filmmakers, Khalil Carr.

Carr’s highly dedicated team consists of; Creative Directors Kimori Jamison and Skye Mckelvie, Jacob Mairena as the overseer of the market, and Ali Khalil and Esterhlin Barrientos for development and planning.

“This was a project that I knew we could reinvest in, I am big in the arts community,” said Carr.

Carr and his team are planning on doing big events in both February and late April.

“This is great for the community. One of our goals is to fund scholarships for individuals who are seeking artist collegiate education like film, fashion, music & creative arts! Since this isn’t officially a Buffalo State University (BSU) event, even after I graduate, I can continue to give opportunities to students at BSU and stay connected on campus, whether it’s in films or fashion,” he said.

For more information and updates about Buffalo Fashion Week, visit their Instagram.