Francis Boeck
Francis Boeck
Executive Editor

Rally held for Palestinian victims of Israel-Hamas war

Angela Caico
Buffalo residents gather at Niagara Square in support of the Palestinian civilians affected by the recent conflict.

“From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free,” protestors chanted during a rally at Niagara Square on Friday in downtown Buffalo.

Participants who spoke at the rally say the media coverage is one sided and doesn’t show the bloodshed inflicted on their families in Palestine, including women and children, at the hands of Israeli soldiers.

Through a sea of red, black, white and green flags were signs that read “one holocaust does not justify another” and “the land you have to kill for is not yours, the land you have to die for is.”

(Angela Caico )

During intense conflict the horrific images we see on our screens generate feelings of anger, disgust and shock, and rightly so.

However, too often our animosity towards the most recent aggressor causes us to overlook its civilians; bystanders that are also affected by the violence.

Attendees also say they are equally heartbroken by the ongoing warfare and want people to be mindful of all those who suffer, not just those whom are broadcasted on the media they consume.

No innocent human being deserves carnage.