Buffalo News report: No evidence of hazing found in death of Buffalo State student

Dave DeLuca/The Record

Buffalo State senior Bradley Doyley died Thursday at Buffalo General Medical Center. Doyley was a member of the men’s basketball team for two and half seasons.

Dave DeLuca, Executive Editor

There is no evidence that the cause of death of SUNY Buffalo State senior Bradley Doyley was caused by hazing, according to autopsy results police sources told The Buffalo News on Monday.

The News is reporting that an autopsy done by the Erie County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that there were no signs of hazing or foul play. Toxicology tests will reveal the exact cause of death, however those won’t be completed for at least a few weeks.

Doyley, a senior at Buffalo State, died Thursday night at Buffalo General Hospital, college officials announced Friday. Doyle, a 21-year-old from Brooklyn, was a business student and a former player on the men’s basketball team. He was set to graduate this spring.

The City of Buffalo Police Department is investigating an alleged hazing incident involving the fraternity Alpha Phi Alpha and Doyley. Buffalo State president Katherine Conway-Turner released the following statement Friday:

“Buffalo State College is aware of and continues to support the City of Buffalo Police Department’s investigation into an allegation of hazing involving Alpha Phi Alpha and Bradley Doyley at an off-campus location. While the investigation is conducted, the campus chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha has been suspended by both the college the fraternity’s national governing body.”

Follow The Record on Twitter @bscrecord for updates on this investigation as more information becomes available.