Campus police arrest suspect in connection with Monday’s stabbing

Video surveillance captured this image of the stabbing suspect early Monday morning.

Dave DeLuca, Executive Editor

SUNY Buffalo State University Police have arrested Mohamed Kaba, 22, in connection with Monday morning’s stabbing outside of the Student Apartment complex, Tim Walsh, associate vice president of college relations confirmed to The Record Thursday night.

Kaba, a Buff State student from Yonkers, was arrested outside of his off-campus apartment at about 1:15 p.m., police released in a statement. Kara will be charged with one count of first degree assault, two counts of burglary and one count of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.

Walsh declined to answer any other questions but did say UPD Chief Peter Carey will be available for questions on Friday.

Kaba is currently in custody and will remain there until an expected arraignment Friday morning.

UPD sent out an email Tuesday stating that a video camera in the lobby of the Student Apartment Complex captured an image of the suspect moments before the fight took place. The email asked students for help identifying the suspect.

As new information continues to be released, keep up to date with The Record for the latest developments in the investigation. A full story further detailing the incident will be published in next week’s issue.