Emmanuel Rodriguez
Emmanuel Rodriguez
Sports Editor

Buffalo State’s Job and Internship Fair draws a large crowd

Thomas Bailey
Students explored opportunities at Buffalo State’s Job and Internship Fair.

Enterprise, Spectrum, Roswell Park, Wegmans, the Buffalo Sabres – those were just a few of the top employers at Buffalo State’s Job and Internship Fair on March 7! Over 60 different companies attended, offering students a wide variety of jobs to choose from.

The goal of the event was to allow students to explore various job and internship opportunities in their career of interest.

While the event mainly targets upperclassmen such as juniors and seniors, freshman and sophomore students can still get a head start on potential internships and can even qualify for some of the many jobs being offered at the event.

Students were free to go to whichever table they liked and spark a conversation with the representative of the company or program. Each table offered trinkets for students to keep such as bags, bottles, mini footballs, pens, hats, glasses, pop sockets, slinkies and more. This added an extra layer of fun for the students while in search of a potential partnership with any of the many companies in attendance.

Student conversing with employer from a childcare service program. (Thomas Bailey)

Brianna Courtney, a representative of the Buffalo Sabres, was impressed with the amount of questions students were asking and the level of participation. She says that internships are robust, involved, and hands-on. Interns are doing the work of their peers at the company who are professionals.

“A lot of interns come from job fairs, especially for us,” she said. “Getting to build that connection in person, collecting resumes at times, a lot of them made an impression, in person and its led to me wanting to continue a relationship down the road and help them get their foot in the door.”