Joel Hopkins
Opinion Editor

Buffalo State holds Cultural Fusion Party for international students.

Thomas Bailey
Buffalo State University Cultural Fusion Party flyer.

Buffalo State University’s International Student’s Organization (ISO) hosted a cultural fusion party in the Campbell Student Union’s social hall on Nov. 28. The party was a vibrant celebration of diversity featuring activities, performances, and culture.

The event began with a welcome from President of ISO Zahraa Faisal, who provided an explanation on the different activities that were in store for everyone in attendance.

Full event list for Buffalo State University’s cultural fusion party. (Thomas Bailey)

“Our main goal is to have an event where everyone is here, between people from different countries like France, Indonesia, and the Netherlands, and bring them together through this event,” said Faisal.

The evening started with a performance from the Pan-African Student Organization (PASO) dancing on stage. Performer Eric Marte, commonly referred to as “Eazi” by his fellow students, says the dance team was proud to be a part of the event.

“This is what I live for, I live for entertainment, whether that be rapping, singing, dancing, whatever, this is my realm,” said Marte. “These people that go out and perform with me, my whole team, this is their realm too. We live for this kind of stuff and it’s always great to be a part of something special.”

Buffalo State’s PASO organization performing at cultural fusion party. (Thomas Bailey)

Following the dance was the food, featuring a few different cultural dishes to commemorate the occasion. The next activity on the agenda was karaoke. The DJ for the event played music from different cultures, and many sat back and watched as people from all kinds of different backgrounds danced to their country’s music.

Finally, the Muslim Student Association (MSA) held a fashion show, putting on their best looks to cap off the night.

Overall, the party was a big hit, bringing together many different cultures and, as the name states, fusing them together for a fantastic display of togetherness. Faisal’s plan of bringing all the cultures at Buffalo State together succeeded in a big way.

“The food was great, the dancing was great, everything about the event was thoroughly enjoyable all the way until the end,” said a student attendee.