Head over heels: the new sports team to look out for
View All
Staff Spotlight
Francesca Bond
Francesca Bond
Executive Editor
Survey

What's the worst way to end a semester?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Free monthly Narcan training offered just minutes from campus

Angela Caico
WNY Mobile OPS administers free Narcan kits and training every third Saturday of the month.

Would you be prepared if someone overdosed in front of you? Western New York Mobile Overdose Prevention Services is giving residents, including Buffalo State students, the opportunity to receive free Narcan kits and training every third Saturday of the month.

The training is at 257 Lafayette Ave. Ste. 103 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. The facilities are generously provided by Whole Stories Therapy and Queer City Therapy. Registration is not required.

In addition to Narcan, the kits include Fentanyl and Xylazine testing strips and STD prevention products.

WNY Mobile OPS CEO Rashone Scott-Williams says the training was supposed to be a one-time event, but due to its success they decided to continue it monthly.

“This way, we are providing access in the West Side and the Lower West Side communities to get Narcan,” she said. “Narcan is free, it saves lives, and it prevents opioid overdose deaths”.