Head over heels: the new sports team to look out for
View All
Staff Spotlight
Emmanuel Rodriguez
Emmanuel Rodriguez
Sports Editor
Survey

What's the worst way to end a semester?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Josh Allen throws for four touchdowns in Bills win

The Buffalo Bills won big this weekend, taking down the division rival Miami Dolphins 48-20 at home.

The Bills offense had a phenomenal game as they put up 414 yards of total offense in the game.

Quarterback Josh Allen had a game to remember completing 21 of his 25 pass attempts for 320 yards and four touchdowns and zero interceptions. Allen also recorded a rushing touchdown in the Bills winning effort.

Another key contributor was wide receiver Stefon Diggs, who tallied six receptions for 120 yards and three touchdowns making Sunday’s game his fourth game with three touchdowns in his career which is a career best for the veteran pass catcher.

The Bills running game looked good again as they ran for over 100 yards on the ground Sunday afternoon.

While the Bills offense was indeed great, the highlight of the game was the Bills defense.

Buffalo slowed down Miami’s great offense with a stifling defense that also didn’t have starter Jordan Poyer in the secondary.

The Bills defense forced two turnovers, one fumble and one interception, and held the Dolphins to just 20 points on the afternoon.

Despite this great defense, the Bills will be without star cornerback Tre’Davious White as he suffered a torn achilles through a non contact injury in the 3rd quarter of the game.

All of this coming just one week after Miami became one of just three teams to ever record a 70-point game last Sunday against the Broncos.

The Bills defense also got after Tua early and often Sunday afternoon, recording four sacks. Tua had only been sacked once all season before Sunday.

Another thing the Bills defense did well was make stops when they counted. The Dolphins went just 3/10 on third down and 0/3 on fourth down in their losing effort.
Penalties played a big part in the game for Miami as well, as they had eight penalties against them for 98 yards.

Overall, the Bills came to play on both sides of the ball Sunday afternoon and showed why they sit atop the AFC east through four weeks after a disappointing week 1.

The Bills now look ahead to their week five contest in London against the 2-2 Jacksonville Jaguars at Tottenham Hotspur.