Tune in to ’Conversations With Cait’ episode 7: Rhetoric and language in ‘She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry’ on 91.3 WBNY-FM

“Conversations With Cait” ep. 7: Rhetoric and language in ‘She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry’ (2014)

Cait Malilay, News Editor

Airing today at 5 p.m. on 91.3 WBNY-FM and with all the discussion with Roe v. Wade, you won’t want to miss this episode about the 2014 documentary film that’s produced and directed by Mary Dore, “She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry,” which showcases the leaders behind the women’s liberation movement from 1966 to 1971.

This episode features Jennifer Ryan-Bryant, an English professor at the State University of New York College at Buffalo and former director of the women gender and sexuality studies interdisciplinary unit, who discusses further about the ways the women’s movement used language to promote equality for women in the workplace and their personal lives.

This ranges from slogans they developed, speeches they delivered and an outpouring of creative works including poetry, comics and pamphlets.

Ryan-Bryant, who is also the graduate coordinator for the Master of Arts program, teaches courses in American Poetry, the American novel, women and gender studies, Gender and Sexuality in literature and African American literature.

To stay up to date on articles and future episodes, follow @cait_malilay_writes on Instagram.

This article is also featured on typeawaycait.blogspot.com!