NCAA’s Bob Williams to speak at Buffalo State College

Joseph Scordo, Social Media Editor

The next guest speaker to visit the SUNY at Buffalo State College Department of Communication will be Bob Williams, class of ’79 and senior vice president of communications for the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Williams will present “Communication Careers: A Conversation with the NCAA’s Bob Williams” on Friday, Nov. 12 at 1 p.m. in Upton Hall 230.

All students, faculty and staff are invited to this free event. The visit represents a unique opportunity for students to ask questions, learn about careers and connect with a distinguished alumni.

Williams oversees the NCAA’s communications efforts through two units: external affairs and strategic communications.

He is also the NCAA’s primary media spokesperson and advises management on policies that support the Association’s core values, including scholarship, student-athlete well-being, diversity and the promotion of athletic participation.

He joined the NCAA in February 2005 after more than 25 years of service with the United States Air Force, where he managed public relations activities in a number of capacities since 1980.

He will be inducted into the Department of Communications Hall of Fame for outstanding achievements in communication at the national level during a ceremony on Nov. 12 at 5 p.m.