Cru groups from across WNY come together for ‘Thanksgathering’

Johnna Solan, Reporter

Buffalo State Cru participated in the annual Thanksgathering, which was hosted by Cru Buffalo on Nov. 9.

Cru is a caring Christian community that helps to bring students to Jesus. The event, which was held at Renewal Church in North Tonawanda, NY, included a number of local schools around the Buffalo/Niagara area, including Buffalo State, Niagara University, Niagara County Community College, Daemen College and University at Buffalo.

There were two Master of Ceremonies for the night, Craig Bingham and Kelechi Chillis-Ihenko, from Niagara University. Both of them kept it fun and engaging for everyone.

The students in attendance were able to enjoy dark or white turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing, mac and cheese, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, Hawaiian sweet rolls, and much more.

The groups participated in a friendly lip sync battle initiated. The songs featured were Kanye West’s “Follow God”, “Where is the Love” by the Black Eyed Peas, and the Cheetah Girls’ “The Party’s Just Begun” and “Say Something” by A Big Great World featuring Christina Aguilera and others.
There was also a whip cream pie eating contest.

Thanksgathering ended with a dance party, songs that included songs such as “One, Two Step” by Ciara, “Cupid Shuffle”, “Cotton Eye Joe”, “Cha Cha Slide” and some Taylor Swift, to name a few.