Buffalo State adding Scientology concentration to religion studies major

Photo by Yomira Meregildo

The Wreckard Staff

This fall, a fresh batch of students will walk SUNY Buffalo State’s campus, studying things like education, communication, political science and Scientology.

“We are proud to announce that Hubbard College of Administration International is expanding past our own California campus into America’s rust belt to the great city of chicken wings, Buffalo, NY,” said Tom Cruise, who is probably the president of Scientology.

The unaccredited school is loaning a few of its professors to Buffalo State for an experimental program studying the controversial religion, which was founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.

It doesn’t come as a shock to students, however, since the Buffalo branch of the Church of Scientology tables in the Campbell Student Union, offering out pamphlets about personality tests. Reports show most students believed the table was run by Myers-Briggs, which is another scientific field of study rumored to be coming to campus as a class in 2020.

If you’re not sure what exactly Scientology is, it’s quite simple. This concise description makes a lot of sense and leaves no room for questions:

“Scientology is a religion that offers a precise path leading to a complete and certain understanding of one’s true spiritual nature and one’s relationship to self, family, groups, Mankind, all life forms, the material universe, the spiritual universe and the Supreme Being. Scientology addresses the spirit—not the body or mind—and believes that Man is far more than a product of his environment, or his genes,” said the website for the Scientology Church of Buffalo.

Registration for “Scientology 101: Exploring self, groups, Mankind, all life forms, the material universe, the spiritual universe and the Supreme Being” opens on Apr. 20.

The news isn’t fake… but today it is. This story is a part of our annual April Fool’s coverage, The Wreckard. It’s not true. It’s not factual. It’s all in good fun.

Happy April Fool’s Day!

[email protected]