Buffalo State’s Dart St. lot to become medical marijuana campus

The Wreckard Staff

Sources have revealed that the impound lot on 166 Dart St. will be transformed into a medical marijuana campus.

The lot, which Mayor Byron W. Brown named SUNY Buffalo State the designated developer of in his State of the City address last month, will be transformed by the college and Flora-California Prime Inc, a San Diego-based health and wellness firm that announced in January its plans to expand to Buffalo.

Initially, the medical marijuana campus was to be built at Buffalo Lakeside Commerce Park, but a spokesman for Flora-California Prime Inc explained the company’s desire to move in a different direction.

“Ultimately, we decided it would be in our best interest and in Buffalo residents’ best interest if we moved to a more central location in the city,” said construction management representative Mark Potts. “We want the campus to be accessible to prospective students, and when we heard about Buffalo State acquiring the lot on Dart Street, we thought it would be a perfect opportunity for us to collaborate with an already established campus.”

Potts confirmed reports that the campus should bring over 500 new jobs to the city and that the campus will give special preference to residents of the City of Buffalo.

“People will get jobs, new holistic remedies will be hitting the local markets, everyone wins,” he said. “We certainly have high hopes; no pun intended.”

Tiffany Green, director of Flora-California Prime Inc’s educational development department, discussed the anticipated benefits for students seeking to train at the medical campus.

“Students will receive the best training on how to develop and test cannabis-based products for medicinal use,” she said. “If state laws are passed, we may even move into the realm of recreational marijuana as well.”

The campus was initially expected to become one of the largest in the nation, but Green explained the corporation’s desire for a downsized campus.

“Buffalo State’s dedication to smaller classroom sizes also inspired us to downsize our own campus,” Green said. “Initially, we wanted this big, bold campus but seeing how education for the medical marijuana movement is really just starting to develop, we really thought it’d make more sense to train smaller groups of people in a more compact setting.”

Construction of the medical marijuana campus is slated to begin on April 20.

———————————————————————————————————-

The news isn’t fake… but today it is. This story is a part of our annual April Fool’s coverage, The Wreckard. It’s not true. It’s not factual. It’s all in good fun.

Happy April Fool’s Day!

[email protected]