Student rescued from elevator in Porter Hall

Student+rescued+from+elevator+in+Porter+Hall

I'Jaz Eberhardt/The Record

I'Jaz Eberhardt, Associate News Editor

Residents were promptly evacuated from their dorms after a student got trapped in an elevator in Porter Hall on Thursday evening.

Witnesses said they had been evacuated after the alarm sounded at around 4:30 p.m. and Buffalo firefighters arrived shortly after.

“There was a malfunction with elevator number two in this building,” Battalion Chief Thomas Breski said, “so we shut it off. We took the victim out.”

Breski said no injuries occurred and that the elevator will remain closed until it can be serviced by campus maintenance.

Outside, several students attempted to make the most of the snow that fell overnight by having snowball fights, much to the dismay of others.