Tour Buffalo’s haunted terminals this spooky season

Haunted+Terminals

Stock Photo

Haunted Terminals

Tina Diblasio, Reporter

It’s that time of the year again where we all dress up in costumes, scare each other and do other spooky activities and yes, I am talking about Halloween.

Throughout this spooky time there are various fun fall festivities to take part in like going to haunted houses.

However, instead of spending thirty plus dollars for a ticket to the haunted catacombs, there is a cheaper and closer to campus activity!

The central terminal is a piece of Buffalo history that has been renovated throughout the last few years so that it may host many events.

The terminal opened back in 1929 and had more than 200 trains and 10,000 daily trips!

The Buffalo terminal stayed in business for about fifty years until it finally closed as a train station in 1979.

There have said to be ghostly passengers throughout the years of operation who have stuck around haunting the terminal.

During the Halloween season the terminal hosts Ghost tours so you can see these spirits for yourself, IF YOU DARE! The tours gives information on both the terminal and its history along with some spooky tales of the dead.

The tours take you above the concourse on the office floors and by the main concourse in the dark and creepy trolley lobby.

This iconic building has been visited by television shows such as Ghost Hunters, so it is safe to say this is a ghost hunt worth the trip!

The tours last about forty five minutes and happen almost every weekend for the entire month of October!

The tickets are going for about fifteen dollars ,which for a college student I’d say is very reasonable. The tickets can be printed online or picked up at the will call window.

Since these tours are so popular I’d say it’s a  smart idea to purchase your tickets as soon as possible. Tours have a limited amount space and tend to sell out quickly. This is a fun way to get away from campus and enjoy some Spooktacular adventures with your friends while avoiding killing your bank account.

For more information visit the Buffalo Terminal website at buffaloterminal.org.