Alex the Great’s Week 10 Fantasy Football Recap

By BenPhotos (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

For those who followed my advice last week, congratulations on the number-one scoring fantasy wide receiver in Week 10, Robert Woods.

Woods had never scored two touchdowns in a game before last week. He has now done it in back-to-back games. Woods has earned the every-week must-start tag.

And it’s all thanks to the waiver wire.

Ahead of Week 11, there are some key injuries from last week that will factor heavily into this week’s waiver wire adds.

Most notably, Green Bay running-back Aaron Jones suffered an MCL injury and will be out at least three to six weeks. That means Jones will miss at least the rest of the fantasy regular season and could be sidelined into the fantasy playoffs as well. Seeing as though Jones won’t come back and regain the lead-back role, he can safely be dropped in all leagues.

The Packers also lost tailback Ty Montgomery last week after he aggravated his lingering rib injury. The team has said that he has a “chance” to play Week 11 against Baltimore. But if he does not suit-up, rookie Jamaal Williams will be entrenched as the lead-runner for the Packers and will have ample opportunity to exploit the Baltimore Ravens’ 28th-ranked rush defense that allows 125.9 yards per game on the ground. Pick up Williams and wait for the updates throughout the week.

Rob Kelley, lead tailback for the Washing Redskins, has officially been placed on IR heading into Week 11. That opens the door for rookie Samaje Perine. Perine was hyped up all off-season but his early-season fumbling woes and the presence of Kelley diminished his value. Now with Kelley done for the year, this may be the time where the Perine hype comes to fruition. He will take over as the team’s early-down and goalline back and depending on his productivity, may even be mixed into the passing game. He offers both spot-start and stash value.

Continue to shop around players as the trade deadline approaches. Keep an eye on those playoff matchups down the stretch and make a move if necessary.