Alex the Great’s Week 8 Fantasy Recap

By Jeffrey Beall (Own work) [CC BY 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Entering the second half of the NFL season, fantasy teams must now gear up for playoffs that are right around the corner. In the hunt or not, teams should evaluate their current roster and if necessary, make a move to better their outlook. Look at your team’s playoff match-up schedule for each starter. Fantasy playoffs start Week 14 in most leagues, look ahead to your player’s matchup and determine whether to hold on or move on. Take a chance. Don’t fall overly in love with your team. Like mentioned in Week 1, you don’t win your league at the draft.

For those looking to go back to the well, the waiver wire has several treats that will not leave you sour. Alex Collins of the Baltimore Ravens was shot out of a cannon Thursday night as he ran the ball 18 times for 113 yards and caught two targets for an additional 30 yards. Collins is leading the league with a ridiculous 5.97 yards per carry. Ravens coach John Harbaugh stated that Collins has earned more playing time, and it appears Collins has become the team’s new lead runner. Making him the top waiver claim entering Week 9.

Sterling Shepard needs to be talked about once again as the New York Giants come off the bye and face the Los Angeles Rams. Shepard is coming off an injury and will immediately emerge as the Giants’ top pass-catcher for the rest of season. If he is somehow still on the wire, pick him up right away. If he has been picked up, make an offer. He is the most intriguing buy-low receiver in the league and has a very receiver-friendly schedule heading into the playoffs.

Juju Smith-Schuster blew up Week 9 with seven catches for 193 yards and a touchdown in the Pittsburgh Steelers win over the Detroit Lions Sunday night. Depending on what the team decides to do with Martavis Bryant, especially heading into the bye, Schuster is a great stash and see for a team able to wait on a player that offers tremendous upside.