A Day To Remember Make It A Night To Remember At RiverWorks

Easycore legends A Day To Remember brought their high energy tour to Buffalo last night at RiverWorks.

Chris Prenatt

Chris Prenatt

Last night at Buffalo RiverWorks, legendary pop-punk/metalcore group A Day To Remember got the sold-out crowd moving and singing all night long.

Formed in Ocala, Fla., in 2003, the band consisting of vocalist Jeremy McKinnon, guitarists Neil Westfall and Kevin Skaff, bassist Joshua Woodard and drummer Alex Shelnutt, have become popular in the scene with their unique combination of the brutality of metal mixed in with the poppy choruses found in pop-punk bands like New Found Glory or the Starting Line. The group signed to Victory Records (Awaken I Am, Shattered Sun, Dead Girls Academy) and released three fantastic albums that would later create the genre known as easycore. The easycore pioneers left Victory in 2013 and started self-releasing their own music under their own label ADTR Records with the help of California based label Epitaph Records (Culture Abuse, Every Time I Die, This Wild Life.) Their newest album Bad Vibrations dropped in late 2016.

The band came to Buffalo last night as part of their fall tour with British emo band Moose Blood and Florida based metal core act Wage War.

The crowd roared loudly as McKinnon and crew walked onto the stage, opening with their heavy hitter “All I Want.” Throughout the evening, ADTR treated their fans with a collection of some of their older hits (“2nd Sucks,” “Have Faith in Me,” “The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle”) and songs from their new album (“Exposed,” “Paranoia,” “We Got This.”)

“Buffalo, N.Y., has supported A Day To Remember since day f***ing one,” Jeremy McKinnon told the enthusiastic crowd. He later told the crowd about their first show in the Queen City, playing at Xtreme Wheels. “Does it still exist?” McKinnon asked the crowd who quickly shouted “No!” in unison.

ADTR played three encore songs. McKinnon and and Westfall got back on stage with guitars, playing their major hit “If It Means a Lot to You,” the final song from their third album Homesick. The final two songs were “All Signs Point to Lauderdale” and “The Downfall of us All.”

A Day To Remember had one goal in mind that night: making RiverWorks shake like an earthquake, and it’s safe to say they accomplished that goal.

The next date of their tour is Tuesday, October 10, at the Metropolis in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.