Burchfield Penney showcases more than just art

The Burchfield Penney Art Center not only has free admission for Buffalo State students but also hosts many intriguing speakers and events.

The Burchfield Penney Art Center is hosting many new and upcoming events for anyone looking to have a good time. These events are especially good for people who are new to Buffalo.

The art center is located on Buffalo State’s campus adjacent to Elmwood Avenue near Rockwell Hall.

On the second Friday of every month, Burchfield Penney, in partnership with M&T Bank, hosts an engaging event known as “M&T Second Fridays.” Events such as concerts, screenings, openings and happy hours all become available so people can fully experience the Burchfield Penney Art Center.

In addition to Second Fridays, the art center hosts events of all natures. These events branch out to a variety of audiences across the Buffalo community.

“We hold events and rentals almost every day of the week all year round which includes film festivals, lectures, to corporate meetings, and weddings,” says Allison Brady, events and rentals manager at Burchfield Penney.

If you take a trip to the Burchfield Penney Art Center’s website, you can discover a calendar listing all the current and upcoming events. Have a weekend where your schedule is wide open? Take a look at their website to plan a fun and eventful trip.

“We have some great events coming up including a film festival featuring films from Cuba to a weekend celebrating the life and work of musician John Coltrane,” says Brady.

Now if you don’t feel like going to their website every single time to look for upcoming events, there are alternate methods to alerting you of what exciting attractions await you.

“The BPAC promotes its events through means such as mailers, social media, email, as well as our website,” says Brady.

All SUNY Buffalo State faculty and students get free admission to the Burchfield Penney Art Center. The admission for all other adults is $10. For more information, visit their website at www.burchfieldpenney.org.