Whole Foods to open Amherst location bringing more organic options to WNY

Whole Foods Market is set to open their doors in Amherst to the public on September 15.

“Whole Foods Market Buffalo will feature the highest-quality natural and organic foods, with a wide selection of convenient meal and grocery options all free of artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, sweeteners hydrogenated fats or high fructose corn syrup,” said Christina Minardi, President of the northeast region in a Whole Foods blog post.

Buffalo State students who do not have access to a car can take bus 20 from the intersection of Elmwood Ave. and Rockwell Road to Sheridan Drive and Delaware Ave. Then take bus 35A to Alberta Drive and Sheridan Drive. The travel time is approximately 43 minutes.

This is the first Whole Foods Market to open in Western New York and will serve as a competitor to Lexington Co-Op, a very popular organic food market in the Buffalo State area.

“I believe this Market will benefit people of the vegetarian community and ordinary eaters” stated John Gabrielli, a resident of Buffalo for over 40 years.

The store is 50,000 square feet so people won’t feel cramped when doing their shopping.