Buffalo State dominates at Baldwin Wallace

Tony Callens, Associate Sports Editor

The Buffalo State men’s and women’s track and field teams both finished first at Saturday’s 15-team mid-February meet at the campus of Baldwin Wallace in Berea, Ohio.

The women claimed the top five finishes in the 400-meter dash and won six events to finish with 158 points and outscored runner-up Fredonia by a 57.5-point margin.

Senior Sasa Vann led the five Bengals in the 400-meter dash for a first-place finish time of 58.18 seconds, good for the ninth-best time in D-III.

Senior Treasure Glymph won the triple jump with a jump of 11.11 meters and was awarded the SUNYAC Female Track and Field Athlete of the Week.

The men won seven events, scoring 124.5 points while runner-up Point Park recorded 101.5 points.

Freshman Dwight Corley earned vital points for the Bengals in the triple jump with a first-place jump of 14.25 meters. Sophomore Mohamed Kouyate and senior Dallas Taylor finished first and second respectively in the 500-meter run.

Both teams will travel to Brockport next Saturday in the final tune-up meet before the SUNYAC Championships.

email: tcallens.record@outlook.com