Women’s basketball tops Houghton

Dave Deluca

Sophomore guard Keyonte Edwards and the Bengals posted a program-record 13 3-pointers in Tuesday night’s win over Houghton.

Jahvon Graham, Reporter

Buffalo State women’s basketball improved to 3-1 on the season, defeating Houghton College in their first road game of the season, 92-77.

The Bengals have now won by an average of 18 points in their three wins.

Buffalo State was outstanding from the 3-point range, shooting 13 of 25 (52 percent) from beyond the arc.

The Bengals were efficient passing as well, as 16 of 33 baskets were assisted on.

The bench provided great support, supplying Buffalo State with 32 points.

Free throws, however, were not a strongpoint as the team shot just 13 of 21 from the line, a dismal 62 percent.

Junior guard Taylor Graham was the leading scorer with 19 points. She shot 6 of 11 from the field, including 3 of 5 from the 3-point line. She added 4 rebounds and 5 assists.

Senior guard Britt Perry added 16 points, shooting 7 of 14 from the field. She added 7 rebounds and an assist.

Buffalo State did a good job forcing turnovers and translating those turnovers into points. The Highlanders committed 23 turnovers, those 23 turnovers resulted in 33 points for Buffalo State. The Bengals also had 15 steals.

Buffalo State was outplayed in the paint. They were outrebounded 42-35 and were outscored in the paint, 38-32, but it didn’t stop Buffalo State from winning the game.

Next up for the Bengals are two homes games. On Friday, Dec. 4, they play Cortland at 5:30 p.m., then on Saturday, Dec. 5 they take on Oswego at 2 p.m.