Cox, Pricher impress as SUNYACs near

Anthony Reyes, Associate Sports Editor

The Buffalo State women’s track and field team continued to have success this week when they traveled to the site of next week’s SUNYAC Championship at SUNY Brockport.

After winning the Baldwin Wallace Invitational last week, the Bengals won four events while competing in Brockport. Senior Jazmin Dunham, junior Shuntone Pricher, freshman Catarra Burroughs and sophomore Niasha Houpe made up the 4×100-meter relay team that finished in 47.66 seconds, good for first place and also the seventh best time in Division III this season.

Dunham and Pricher also won individual events. Dunham captured the 110-meter hurdles title, while Pricher claimed the 100-meter title and also finished third in the 200-meter dash. Pricher’s performance earned her Buffalo State Athlete of the Week honors. Junior Jazlyn Porter wrapped up the first place finish when she won the long jump.

The men’s track and field team matched the four first place finishes by the women’s team with four of their own. Junior Cory Cox joined forces with freshman Robert Liebel, freshman Stephen Johnson and senior Todd Colas to win the 4×100-meter relay with a time of 42.19. Cox and Liebel were also a part of the winning 4×400-meter relay with junior Austin Becker and junior Dallas Taylor, finishing with a time of 3:26.55.

Junior Kevin Murray won the 1,500-meter and Colas added a win in the 200-meter dash.

Both the men’s and women’s teams will head back to Brockport this weekend to compete in the SUNYAC Championships.