Francis Boeck
Francis Boeck
Executive Editor

Buffalo State announces new president-elect for 2024

suny.buffalostate.edu
suny.buffalostate.edu

The SUNY Board of Trustees has named Chance M. Glenn Sr. as Buffalo State University’s 10th president! His appointment will be effective July 1, 2024.

In the previous year, BSU has been overseen by Interim President Bonita R. Durand. At the end of the 2022-2023 academic year, President Katherine Conway-Turner led the university before retirement.

Here are five interesting things to know about our new president:

Glenn has a bachelor of science from the University of Maryland in electrical engineering and a master of science and Ph.D. in the same field from John Hopkins University. He holds a certificate from the Harvard Graduate School of Education in management development.

Glenn is passionate about music as he is an avid artist, singer and songwriter. He was a part of The Praise Project, which is a gospel group that recorded “First Fruits”, a CD nominated for a Grammy in 2000.

He has served in several leadership positions at the University of Houston-Victoria, such as provost and vice president for academic affairs since 2019.

Aside from serving at University of Houston-Victoria, he also was the dean of the College of Engineering, Technology, and Physical Sciences at Alabama A&M University. His leadership experience continued as associate dean in the Office of Graduate Studies at the Rochester Institute of Technology.

Glenn is the President and founder of Morningbird Media Corporation, which is a nonprofit organization that focuses on promoting science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) to underserved and underrepresented communities.

“This is an extraordinary opportunity to lead Buffalo State University and partner with the SUNY campuses in the Western region and across the state,” said Glenn. “Academics and research have played an integral role in my career, and I am excited to build on the excellent education provided by Buffalo State.”

To stay updated with Glenn’s welcome to Buffalo State University, please visit https://suny.buffalostate.edu/.