91.3 WBNY-FM rebranding

Alessia Gervasi, Staff Writer

“Buffalo’s Original Alternative” will be making some changes and needs the help of SUNY Buffalo State College students.

WBNY is looking for people to help come up with a creative logo design and slogan that if chosen, will become the new trademark of the station.

The student-run college radio station has been successfully bringing a range of music, sports and talk show broadcasts since 1982.

In order to continue the success of the station, it will need a revamp. General Manager of WBNY, Nellie Hana, discussed what to expect.

“WBNY has been great for so long but it is time for some improvements. For starters, a fresh logo and a new slogan would be cool,” said Hana.

Hana and the rest of the WBNY crew have discussed the importance of bringing in more local artists and making fun content for all to enjoy.

Live shows are played every Friday at 6 p.m. You can find the show schedule on their website.

There are also scheduled talk shows that are great for listening to whether you’re making your daily
commute or just hanging out.

Another change that has been made is if you want to listen to 91.3 FM when not near a radio, you can listen on the free RadioFX app, which available in the App Store.

It is encouraged to be as creative as you would like. Anyone who would like to come up with something can
email their work to [email protected].