Showcase your talent at Buffalo State’s open mic night

Natalie Maloy, President

Student Leadership and Engagement is hosting an open mic night for all students to showcase their talents.

Join the audience to see your fellow classmates sing, dance, or even tell their best jokes. The event will take place on Thursday, November 18th, in the Campbell Student Union Lobby “The Pit”, from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m..

You can register for this event on Bengal Connect.  In person check in begins at 6:45 p.m. on the day of the event, Thursday, November 18. Assure to arrive as early as possible to secure a desired time slot.

The performance is limited to 5-7 minutes which includes 2 songs, poems, etc., for each performer.

Student Leadership and engagement will provide some equipment such as microphones and the sounds system. It is asked that you bring your personal instruments as those will not be provided. The house is enforcing no drum kits or amplifiers to be used, other than ones provided. When you are on deck make sure to have all equipment ready to rock on.

You must stay the duration of the show after your performance. The facilitators also ask that you keep your music choice and spoken word free of profanity and sexual vulgarity as this event is open to the campus community.

You don’t need to be a professional, this is for fun, and student and leadership and engagement encourages you to be yourself and have a good time.

Get ready to perform your heart out this Thursday.