Buffalo’s Ghouliest Halloween Events

Sarah Schreiber, Reporter

To all you Jack and Sally’s out there who love Halloween just as much as I do, you’ll want to get all the information on Halloween events that are in the area. Luckily, the Record has you covered! Here you’ll find the events that are the biggest bang for your buck as well as the BOOOgiest events near campus so you won’t need to break out the broomsticks just yet!

VENU NightClub

75 West Chippewa Street

Events:

Friday. October 25: Freaky Friday Halloween Party

Thursday, October 31: ‘Gore and Glow’ Halloween Glow Party

This 18+ NightClub has you covered for a devilishly fun time this Halloween! Venu is hosting two separate Halloween events listed above. To get a discount on these already drop-dead event rates, go on the VENU Buffalo Facebook page and click ‘Going,’ to get $5 off before 11 pm.! Students can catch the 20 Downtown Metro Bus to directly get here! 

• Hours: 10:00 p.m. – 4:00 a.m. 

• You will be ID’d upon entrance and if you’re 21+ you’ll receive a wristband
  • If you don’t wear a costume, there is a dress code in effect so be sure to check out either their Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to read what is allowed and what isn’t! 

The MaIze

3901 Niagara Falls Boulevard

The perfect fall outing during both the day and night! The MaIze has an abundance of fall activities from corn mazes, outdoor games, and activities such as cornhole, hayrides, and bounce houses! There are also fall snacks and beverages such as smores and cold or hot apple cider. The MAiZE will be open until Halloween, Thursday, October 31st.

• UBER: Costs around $20. Tip: Bring 3 of your friends and split! *Note: Uber prices are subjective to change, this is just a 
  • Admission is $12 during the day, but free at night
  • CASH ONLY: Prices are reasonable

Frightworld

Considered to be the ‘best-haunted house in New York,’ Frightworld has several haunted attractions that will certainly make you scream! With five different haunted houses in one location, you and your friends can navigate through the different houses and be scared together! 

• As this is a very popular event, tickets sell quickly! Be sure to pre-purchase your tickets online before heading out! 
  • Friday and Saturday are the attractions busiest nights so make sure to get there early and beat the crowds! 
  • To purchase tickets, visit: https://frightworld.com/tickets

Buffalo’s BOOzin’ Bar Crawl

Saturday, October 26th

Registration: 3-5 pm ONLY 

Come downtown to Allen Street in your scariest and sexiest Halloween costumes and hop between 6 different bars with scary good specials! There will be a costume contest so be sure to dress to impress in your costumes! Event: Rain or Shine.

• *This event is 21+*

Witches and Wizards Yoga 

Tuesday, November 12 

7:00-9:00 pm

So Halloween passed but you’re still in full-on ghost mood! Fear not, Halloween is only 364 more days around the corner and while you’re waiting, relax with Wizard Yoga at Hotel Henry. Hotel Henry, located right on campus property is great for your immortal soul as it is filled with old Buffalo history and has a very eerie, yet beautiful vibe to the building.

• Admission is $30 and guests will receive a wand and butterbeer for the hour-long yoga class!
  • Wizards, Witches, and Muggles will need to pre-register online prior to the event! Be warned: The last event sold out fast so be sure to get your spot fast!

Purchase tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com