Bengals suffer another close loss against Fredonia

Louie DiBiase, Reporter

Buffalo State women’s lacrosse dropped to 4-12 in heart breaking fashion by one goal as the Fredonia Blue Devils (6-10) completed a comeback, winning 11-10.

The loss to Fredonia continued Buffalo State’s losing streak, which is now at five.

Despite Fredonia controlling possession for the majority of the first half, Buffalo State would manage to keep pace with the Blue Devils after five straight goals from sophomore attacker Alanna Herne.

Herne finished the day with seven goals and an assist, carrying Buffalo State offensively. She was able to surpass 50 goals for the first time in her short career; she’s now at 54 after Tuesday’s matchup.

Buffalo State was outshot by a 33-18 margin, but still held onto the lead late in the second half thanks to the offense capitalizing on their limited opportunities.

Goaltending stepped up big for the Bengals as 12 shots were saved to Fredonia’s six.

Everything seemed to be going Buffalo State’s way until late in the second half with a little more than four minutes on the clock. Fredonia was able to score two goals in under a minute to take the lead.

It was the fifth loss this season for Buffalo State that was decided by two goals or less.

Buffalo State will get set to take on SUNY Canton Saturday at Coyer Field in their home finale.